Weather Center for the Apocalypse
Weather center (underground video room).
Severe risk broadcast (Video still).
Satellite launch (Video still).
Weather Center for the Apocalypse is alert to an uncertain future. It predicts changes in our environment and culture that could affect the autonomy of citizens in the event of disaster. It creates an alternative to the media-driven forecasts we are bombarded with, by asking the community to participate with their own fears and superstitions. It strengthens our ties for the times when we will need to rely on each other. Go To Forecast Portal
Sponsors: Materials for the Arts, Flux Factory
Reporters: Hethre Contant, Vincent Dean Boyce
Crew: Henry Visotski, Charles Contant, Terry Contant, Alessio Tacca
- LAPSody 2017, University of the Arts Helsinki, Finland, May 24-27, 2017.
- Eyebeam Open Studio, Brooklyn, NY, February 25, 2017.
- Aridoamérica Winter Plan at El Museo de Los Sures, Brooklyn, NY, February 10-23, 2017.
- Climate Week, at United Nations Plaza, NYC, September 20, 2016.
- Sixth Extinction Howl, at Billings Library, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, September 14, 2016.
- Artificial Retirement, at Flux Factory, Queens, NY, August 19-September 11, 2016.
- WetLand, at Long Wharf in Sag Harbor, with Parrish Art Museum, June 10-11, 2016.
- FIGMENT Festival, at Governor's Island, June 5, 2016.
- Creative Tech Week, at Industry City Factory Floor, April 29, 2016.
- Newtown Barge Playground, December 13, 2015.
- Performing Digital-Disruption, at A.I.R Gallery, November 11, 2015.
- STROBE Network, at Flux Factory, June 12-21, 2015.
- FIGMENT Festival, at Governor's Island, June 7, 2015.
- "Ecological art: a more creative call to action," The Vermont Cynic, September 22, 2016.
- "Amelia Marzec's Weather Center for the Apocalypse," Firstindigo&Lifestyle, September 19, 2016.
- "Artists Howl for the Anthropocene," Seven Days, September 16, 2016.
- "Exhibition of 'Failure in this Technologically Aided Era'," Adafruit blog, September 9, 2016.
- "Alternative to The Media-Driven Forecasts," Medium, September 8, 2016.