The Laboratory For What's Possible
2018-Current (In Progress)
I grew up in an area where a significant amount of our communication technology was invented and developed. Recently I’ve been returning to document the changing landscape now that the organizations there have been shut down, and to study their uneasy relationship to surveillance culture. This comes at a time when my family members have been aging, and stories of their involvement in the industry are creeping into the project- what does it mean to work on research that helped to blow up your ancestors?
CUNY, Ox-Bow, The Center for Integrated Media at CalArts, HATCH at UC Davis, Social Practice Queens, Brooklyn International Performance Art Foundation (BIPAF), Champlain College, The Ear
Exhibitions and Performances:
- Lost Horizon Night Market, with Shadow Traffic, online quarantine edition, May 9, 2020.
- HATCH, with The Feminist Arts & Science Shop at UC Davis, Davis, CA, January 16, 2020.
- Undocumented events and object permanence, Winter 2019 collection with Noemata, online, December 26-Spring, 2020.
- Faculty Art Exhibition, Queens College Klapper Gallery, Queens, NY, November 3-22, 2019.
- SUSPEND-RELEASE, at The Ear, Brooklyn, NY, September 21, 2019.
- Laboratory migration, on the meadow at Ox-Bow School of Art & Artists' Residency, Saugatuck, MI, August 12-16, 2019.
- Friday Night Open Studios, Ox-Bow School of Art & Artists' Residency, Saugatuck, MI, August 9, 2019.
- FIGMENT NYC, on Roosevelt Island, NYC, June 1, 2019.
- Every Woman Biennial, 222 Bowery, NYC, May 19-29, 2019.
- (No) FUN Closing, Empirical Nonsense, NYC, March 23, 2019.
- Becoming Insect, Queens College, Queens, NY, February 19, 2019.
- Work-in-progress solo hallway exhibition, The Center for Integrated Media at CalArts, Santa Clarita, CA, January 14-16, 2019.
- Civic Reflex/Reflejo Civico, with BIPAF at Panoply Performance Laboratory, Brooklyn, NY, October 20, 2018.
- World Maker Faire NY, at New York Hall of Science, Queens, NY, September 22, 2018.
- FIGMENT NYC, on Governor's Island, NYC, June 23, 2018.