The Laboratory For What's Possible
In progress.Performance-presentation, virtual tour.
Guided tour in real life.
The Laboratory For What’s Possible is a project that tells the story of a fictional telecommunications research center.
Read More >>
It is built from salvage and operating in any way possible, in an attempt to reclaim and connect layers of history in an unstable future. It imagines a new structure for a laboratory in an extreme political / environmental climate with a lack of access to materials and funding, created from our excess ("laboratory equipment" made from cast-off items, etc). The project incorporates performance, social practice, and prototyping to tell its story. It asks what is necessary to communicate, to innovate, and to stay connected; and if it is possible to create an organization not based on power and fear.
Sponsors: CUNY, Ox-Bow, The Center for Integrated Media at CalArts, HATCH at UC Davis, Social Practice Queens, Brooklyn International Performance Art Foundation (BIPAF), Champlain College, The Ear
Exhibitions and Performances:
- Lost Horizon Night Market, with Shadow Traffic, online quarantine edition, May 9, 2020.
- HATCH, with The Feminist Arts & Science Shop at UC Davis, Davis, CA, January 16, 2020.
- Undocumented events and object permanence, Winter 2019 collection with Noemata, online, December 26-Spring, 2020.
- Faculty Art Exhibition, Queens College Klapper Gallery, Queens, NY, November 3-22, 2019.
- SUSPEND-RELEASE, at The Ear, Brooklyn, NY, September 21, 2019.
- Laboratory migration, on the meadow at Ox-Bow School of Art & Artists' Residency, Saugatuck, MI, August 12-16, 2019.
- Friday Night Open Studios, Ox-Bow School of Art & Artists' Residency, Saugatuck, MI, August 9, 2019.
- FIGMENT NYC, on Roosevelt Island, NYC, June 1, 2019.
- Every Woman Biennial, 222 Bowery, NYC, May 19-29, 2019.
- (No) FUN Closing, Empirical Nonsense, NYC, March 23, 2019.
- Becoming Insect, Queens College, Queens, NY, February 19, 2019.
- Work-in-progress solo hallway exhibition, The Center for Integrated Media at CalArts, Santa Clarita, CA, January 14-16, 2019.
- Civic Reflex/Reflejo Civico, with BIPAF at Panoply Performance Laboratory, Brooklyn, NY, October 20, 2018.
- World Maker Faire NY, at New York Hall of Science, Queens, NY, September 22, 2018.
- FIGMENT NYC, on Governor's Island, NYC, June 23, 2018.